The September 2020 issue has now been sent to members. If you are not yet a member, why not support a great cause and benefit from our quarterly magazine?
For those who would prefer to buy an individual copy without becoming a member, this edition is now available to buy in our online shop.
Our latest magazine is, as usual, packed full of news, advice on managing eczema for all ages and real-life stories from people living with eczema.
- Allergy to artificial nails: In recent years, there has been a sharp increase in allergic contact dermatitis due to acrylates, driven by the explosion in nail bars. Dr Sophie Rolls explains.
- A step in the right direction: Eczema of the feet can be particularly hard to manage. Our nurse adviser Julie Van Onselen offers some tips, with a focus on pompholyx eczema.
- Find out more about filaggrin! Dr George Moncrieff introduces a skin protein that is vital for skin health – but is impaired in more than half of people with eczema.
- Bright eyed and bushy tailed? Dr Kevin Molloy explains how eczema can affect the areas around the eye and what you can do to help.
- Take back control! In these uncertain times, Claire Moulds looks at ways to proactively improve your eczema routine.
- The creative approach: Designer Charlotte Lane describes how drawing on her artistic talents has helped her to overcome some of the challenges of eczema.
- Plus: members’ letters, news and Ask the Expert (covering emollients and fire risk, Covid-19 and hand eczema and what parents can expect from schools in terms of assisting with eczema management).