The December 2020 issue has now been sent to members. If you are not yet a member, why not support a great cause and benefit from our quarterly magazine?
For those who would prefer to buy an individual copy without becoming a member, this edition is now available to buy in our online shop.
Our latest magazine is, as usual, packed full of news, advice on managing eczema for all ages and real-life stories from people living with eczema.
- Eczema research update: Julie Van Onselen, dermatology nurse adviser to the NES, rounds up some selected presentations and research findings from the British Association of Dermatologists’ Annual meeting.
- Dr Alpa Kanji describes habit reversal and the combined approach, an approach that combines behavioural modification with optimised topical treatment to help break the itch-scratch cycle.
- Eczema and skin pigmentation: Julie Van Onselen explains how issues with changes in skin pigmentation arise when normal skin colour is disrupted due to eczema.
- Eczema for teens: In the first of a two-part series, Dr Tess McPherson goes back to the basics of eczema care, drawing on her experience of running a young person’s skin clinic in Oxford.
- Celebrating 40 years of eczema-friendly clothing! NES Head of Services, Alice Lambert, speaks to Dorothy Clark, who founded Cotton On (later called Pure Cotton Comfort) in 1980.
- It’s beginning to look a bit like Christmas! Claire Moulds looks at some of the challenges posed by Covid-19 and finds some silver linings amid the baubles.
- ‘Once again, we’re on that familiar, frantic hamster wheel of finding what works’: Louise Scott shares her experience of caring for two young children with eczema.
- Plus: members’ letters, news and Ask the Expert (covering Eczema and athlete’s foot, Online appointments and Winter skin).