The June 2020 issue has now been sent to members. If you are not yet a member, why not support a great cause and benefit from our quarterly magazine and exclusive Members’ Guide to Eczema?
For those who would prefer to buy an individual copy without becoming a member, this edition is now available to buy in our online shop.
Our latest magazine is, as usual, packed full of news, advice on managing eczema for all ages and real-life stories from people living with eczema.
- ‘The doctor will see you now…virtually’: Exchange looks at the sharp increase in remote consultations and considers how to get the most out of them.
- Summertime and the living is…complicated! Claire Moulds navigates the pitfalls of managing eczema in the summer months.
- Swimming through treacle? Recent research has found that inflammation affects alertness and motivation. What does this mean for people with eczema? Eleanor Stanley asked trial lead, Dr Ali Mazaheri.
- The best emollient is the one the patient uses: Dr George Moncrieff discusses prescribing emollients in primary care.
- What lies beneath the surface? Exchange spoke to filmmaker Kemi Williams about her film Beneath My Surface, which shares the stories of five women living with eczema or psoriasis.
- Helping families with self-management: Fiona Cowdell, Professor of Nursing and Health Research at Birmingham City University, has been researching new ways to help families manage eczema more easily.
- ‘Hope is so precious when you have eczema’: Phil Shand suffered from extreme eczema as a child, until a course of phototherapy changed his life.
- Plus: members’ letters, news and Ask the Expert (covering menopause and eczema, eczema and babies’ sleep and teenage eczema).