Exchange 172 – June 2019
Our June 2019 edition of Exchange magazine features the usual breadth of topics. It is packed full of news and real-life stories from those living with eczema and tips on managing your own or your child’s eczema, including:
- Parents are often concerned that food allergies may be causing their child’s eczema. Dr Matthew Ridd and colleagues discuss a new study looking at the usefulness of routine food allergy tests in children with eczema.
- It’s playtime! Claire Moulds interviews designer Lauren Bell, whose new Cosi Care range of itch-management toys was inspired by her family’s own personal battle with eczema.
- Planning to go on holiday soon? Claire Moulds offers timely advice to take the headache out of travelling for people with eczema.
- Julie Van Onselen, Dermatology Nurse Adviser to the National Eczema Society, describes the different types of contact dermatitis, how we know whether a person has contact dermatitis and what patch-testing involves.
- Eczema-cise: Alice Lambert, National Eczema Society’s Head of Services, looks at how to get the most out of physical activity when you have eczema. Featuring Exchange reader June Hipkin.
- ‘Therapy made me realise I was doing everything I possibly could…’ Exchange reader Shal Henry-Treloar describes her experience of juggling being mum to two children with eczema, her relationship and career.
- Plus: members’ letters, Ask the Expert and NES news, including an update from our London Marathon 2019 runners and information about National Eczema Week 2019 (14-22 September).
£6.25 – £9.50