Local eczema support groups are run by volunteers and some of them are supported and facilitated by healthcare professionals. The groups offer people with eczema and carers an opportunity to share information, experience and support. However, they are not a forum or substitute for medical advice from a doctor or other healthcare professional.
The support groups are independent of National Eczema Society and we have no responsibility for them, nor will the views of groups necessarily reflect those of the Society. If you are setting up your own eczema support group in the UK and would like it to appear below, please contact us at email@example.com.
We recommend that you contact the group organiser before attending a meeting, to check that the meeting is going ahead.
Belfast eczema support: an informal support network that offers people affected by eczema the chance to keep in touch. For more information, please phone Myrtle Johnston on 028 9066 6393 or 07906 131888.
Skin Action is a support group for adults in the North East of England, covering Newcastle, Gateshead, Northumberland and Durham. It doesn’t matter whether your eczema is mild or severe; everyone is welcome to come along. For more information, please contact Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manchester Allergy Support Group: This informal friendly group meets on the first Monday of every month from 7pm – 8.30pm at St John’s Church, Irlam Road, Urmston, M41 6AP. The group offers support to people with eczema, asthma, anaphylaxis and allergies. If you would like more information, please email Michelle Byrne at email@example.com.
- Free from Eczema Support Group, Manchester, Hulme: Contact person: Paul Mattis. Contact details: 07786789567; firstname.lastname@example.org. The support group aims to provide an informal safe space for people to share experiences and get tips on how to better manage their condition. Parents/carers of children with eczema are also welcome to attend. We meet every 1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month. 6-7:30pm, Zion Centre, 339 Stretford Road, Hulme, Manchester, M15 4ZY.
Nottingham: This group of carers of children with eczema and healthcare professionals was set up to offer support and information on an informal basis. The group meets infrequently, responding to local need as appropriate. For details, visit the group’s website www.nottinghameczema.org.uk and sign up to its web alert (emailed news service) or contact the group through the website. The group can be followed on Twitter under the name ‘eczemasupport’.
Hereford: This support group was founded by Emily Edwards with support from Wye Valley NHS Trust. For further details, please contact Emily by email at email@example.com, by phone on 07980693634 or join the Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/279901809328961/?ref=share; Eczema support for families and children.
Norfolk and Norwich: This group no longer holds meetings but support is shared on their Facebook page, which welcomes people looking for support in the Norfolk and Norwich area: www.facebook.com/groups/212136705472382/?ref=bookmarks.
Devon Support Group: This group no longer has regular meetings, but the founder, Marlene, welcomes local enquiries and is happy to offer support. Please contact Marlene Hochstrasser by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01803 401001.
- Kingston and Richmond support group: This group no longer meets regularly, however, eczema sufferer Lulu O’Hagan, who runs the group’s Facebook page, welcomes local enquiries: www.facebook.com/eczemasupport.
- West Surrey and North East Hants: centred on Guildford, this group’s principal activity is to support the NES, especially through local fundraising. The Group issues two newsletters a year detailing local activities. To request a copy and for more information about the Group, please contact Vicky Robinson by email at email@example.com.
- Haywards Heath: There are no plans to hold any meetings at present. Founder Christine Clark welcomes local enquiries and is happy to offer support and advice. Please contact Christine by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.