National Eczema Society has been working hard for over 40 years to make life better for its members and everyone affected by eczema. Our charity is passionate and determined to improve the quality of life for people who have to cope with this very difficult and debilitating long-term health condition. It is incredibly tough on both the person with eczema, especially children, and their families.
We provide an extensive range of eczema information and advice services and resources, which we distribute across our various communication channels and networks. We also work hard to give a voice for people with eczema, raising awareness of the condition, support research into new treatments and campaign for better medical care.
Here are some highlights of what we do to make a difference:
- We provide reliable, evidence-based information and advice through our website, social media channels, publications and members’ magazine, Exchange.
- We offer individualised advice through our nurse-supported Helpline.
- We raise awareness of eczema and work with key health officials on strategic issues.
- We distribute copies of our publications to dermatology departments, GP practices, pharmacies and schools.
- We campaign for better medical care for people with eczema.
- We promote and contribute to research relating to eczema.